Saturday 30 April 2011

Doorstep interaction with Tory councillor

(doorbell)
Me: hello
Him: hi (! - how modern), I'm your (newish, youngish shinyish Tory) local councillor, just calling to see if there are any problems you have that I can help with?
Me: Well, I have a few problems, not sure you can help with them though...
Him: Try me!
Me: Why, do you help people with their mental health problems now?
Him: Erm... well, no, I meant do you have any issues in the area that I can perhaps help you with?
Me: Well, I do get frightened of my neighbours.
Him: Why's that then?
Me: I don't think you can help with that can you?
Him: Well, if there isn't anything else, just get in touch if you think of anything else, here's a leaflet. I just live up the road.
Me: Oh, just up the road (named road)?
Him: Er, no, further up.
Me: Oh, on (named the road a bit further away but still on the dodgy estate that I live on)
Him: Er, no, a bit further than that.
Me: so not really local then...
Him: See you then, get in touch anytime, can I just ask, is there any chance that you will be voting for us on May 5th?
Me: I don't think there is any chance that I will be voting for you or your party.
Him: (backing away down the path) No chance? Ok bye then.

Please don't come to my door. I don't make sense. Equally, you don't make sense. That doesn't mean we understand each other. I don't want to talk to you about local issues that only become very important to you around election times. I find the door bell going very triggery.

5 comments:

  1. I think you did an outstanding job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! I might have to write a brief post later about my diatribe in the bank today! At least you were sensible, coherent and restrained. I was a disgrace, yet again. I would have probably fired my pellet gun at him given my current mood . i've only ever had the opportunity to shoot the bastards on Question time (on the telly of course).
    Good on you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both. I just wish I could think on my feet, since he left I have thought of several things I wish I'd said. Lucida, good for you in the bank! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find votechasers like that really rude. 1) They don't 'do' anything anyway to change where you live. 2) I don't see it's right for them to care whenever the voting is coming up, then disappear once they've won you over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you would like an alternative to randomly approaching girls and trying to find out the right thing to do...

    If you'd rather have women hit on YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in noisy pubs and night clubs...

    Then I encourage you to play this eye-opening video to uncover a amazing little secret that can literally get you your personal harem of beautiful women just 24 hours from now:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM!!!

    ReplyDelete