Sunday 19 December 2010

Voyeurism?

This blog is hard to write. I am wondering if I am just a voyeur. I like reading several blogs and feel less alone when I read mental health blogs that I can relate to. I am worried to write here though. Is it ok to read others' blogs and yet write sparsely here? I am paranoid about remaining anonymous. I write in several places on the internet on different topics. I hoped I could restart blogging and that this could be my safe place to let out what I can't say elsewhere. But am worried that what I hoped isn't possible. I am not an exciting person, I don't have world shattering news, or theories or great ideas. But I do feel and have opinions and I am trying to be a person who can make links with other persons. I don't know about this anymore...if I stop blogging again, another failure, another loss of connection. But if I continue, in this small paranoid fashion... Really not sure.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is ok to read as much as you like, and write as little as you like. Plenty of people read blogs without having one of their own at all. But you don't need world shattering news or great ideas to blog. Just say what you think or feel, or what is going on for you. It doesn't need to be some terribly academic, analytical account of things. I just brain splurge - whatever I am thinking I write, and that's it. I know there will always be better blogs than mine out there, because the authors will spend far more time considering the wording they want to use and the message they want to convey, but for me it is just a place to express how I feel. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for respondng Bippidee, I think it's good that you feel you can splurge. I worry though that I will reveal too much of myself here as I also speak about myself elsewhere. Self sabotage me thinks. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete