Tuesday 23 November 2010

Overheard

I overheard the following exchange in my doctor's surgery this morning. The two men involved were in their maybe 70's, Man 1 was leaving after his appointment, Man 2 was sitting resigned for a long wait for his. The rest of us waiting were all female. Noone was listening, but of course, everyone was.

Man 1: "Alright Bill, are you off down there today?"

Man 2: "Naaah, not today, too many women down there today by now"

What was that about? Where is "down there"? Man 2 did look round after Man 1 had left I'm pleased to say, and I hope he realised his gender was outnumbered.

I am struggling lots just now, I want to keep writing this little blog, I don't want to give up again. But maybe I can just post random things when talking about mental health is too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment